A Pediatric speech-language pathologist evaluates and treats children who have difficulty with speech, language, and/or swallowing.
Child Speech and Language: Children’s speech and language development follows a typical pattern (see How Does Your Child Hear and Talk for more information). If you have concerns about your child’s speech or language, consult a speech-language pathologist (ASHA’s Find a Professional).
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders
- Speech Sound Disorders: Articulation and Phonological Processes
Medical and Developmental Conditions
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism (Autism Spectrum Disorders)
- Cleft Lip and Palate
- Right Hemisphere Brain Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
The American Speech-Hearing Association: www.asha.org